Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm a PC and Windows 7 was my idea.

Windows 7 may have not been my idea but there are many out there who beg to differ. According to Windows 7 newest campaign Windows 7 is anyone’s idea. The first Windows 7 commercial actually aired in September 2009 and since then the campaign has emerged. The ads where leading up to the launch of the newest Windows 7 product. So far the response has been epic. Windows 7 is an operating system created by you, for you, and these ads follow the flow. The campaign which is made up of TV, print ads, banner ads, posters and billboards and branded entertainment elements is very effective. This campaign has gone viral since the launch of the ads. It is effective because it is what the consumer thinks and feels. I liked this campaign because it was very memorable. I caught myself using the line..And Windows 7 was my idea on a normal basis’s. This campaign was created by Crispin Porter and Bogusky, Boulder in Miami USA. The creator of this campaign is Tim Roper and the Creative Director is Jeff Benjamin. This was Windows big come back after their worst idea ever….Windows Vista.

Take a look for youself: http://www.cpbgroup.com/#window

3 comments:

  1. Kendall:

    This is a great campaign. Although I am a MAC user, the Windows campaign is very memorable right now. I find it humourous because of what happened with Vista. Also, they are trying to market Windows 7 features against MAC capabilities without taking the Brand to Brand Comparison approach and naming MAC. Did you know that this campaign also helped Windows 7 become the fastest selling version of Windows to date?!

    Great Post. Thanks for sharing.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this campaign when I first saw the commercials on television. I found these advertisements very entertaining and humorous. I enjoyed how the campaign showcased many different benefits of Windows 7 in a more conversational manor so that they were easier to understand. I also thought it was interesting how several of the commercials took place in Germany and France. I thought this was an effective way of showing that no matter who you are or where you live, Windows 7 could’ve been your idea. Great campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this campaign, I found the commercials every effective. Each commercial shows the different features Window 7 has, ideas you came up with. This campaign also shows that no matter how old you are, who you are or where you live Window 7 was your idea and it will work for you. I also think this was a great "come back" from the Mac commercial Mac vs. PC.

    ReplyDelete